|Description of Position|
We are looking for a Director to join our Fort Greene Montessori Microschool! This position includes Director responsibilities as well as leading the afternoon program as a Lead Teacher.
- Ideally would train part time Spring of 2023 and start Summer 2023 (July and/or August) M-F 8am-4pm
- Year round, full school year + summer program (school year hours 10am-6pm)
- Most school breaks light work responsibilities
- Time off: Winter Break + 3 weeks off in the summer
Director responsibilities include:
- Interview, hire and onboard all new staff + manage families enrollment
- Contribute trainings and content during Staff Week for all locations’ staff in August
- Leading communication with school families + supporting all families through separation and phase-in
- Supervising and supporting classroom teachers, including: leading weekly check-in meetings, big picture goal setting for all staff, (bi)weekly staff training meetings, classroom observations and documentation, keeping classroom experiences in line with Collective Kind’s anti-bias and nature-based curriculum, observations of the classroom.
- Classroom coverage for teacher lunch breaks and work periods
- Maintaining school paperwork and records following DOH requirements for all staff and children
- Building a collaborative and supportive school team through transparent communication, constructive feedback for growth, and understanding.
- Oversight of school maintenance including daily cleaning, school supplies, classroom organization, weekly professional cleaning, care of school entrance, sidewalk and yard.
- Leader of school systems including but not limited to: health and wellness; attendance; conferences; school events (including some weekends and evenings)
- Creating a learning environment that is welcoming for and supportive of all types of learners, respectful of the child and supports the development of independence, concentration, coordination and care of self, community and the environment.
Afternoon lead teacher responsibilities:
- Building a collaborative and supportive afternoon teaching team based on clear communication where all teachers are able to shine and learn.
- Lesson planning following Collective Kind anti-bias and nature-based curriculum.
- Reliable (on time + consistent), taking care of the classroom environment (daily tidying and cleaning).
- Equitable, warm and understanding communication (emails, meetings and phone calls) with families.
- Modeling kind interactions with our greater community.
- Receiving and providing feedback so that your school team can learn and grow together.
- Observation and documentation of the children’s experiences through video, photos and written notes.
- Writing weekly newsletters for families to share a deeper view into work happening in the classroom.
The full school team includes:
- Three (3) full time morning teachers 8:00-4:00 (class 8:30-3:30)
- One (1) part time morning teacher 8:00-12:30
- One (1) part time afternoon teacher 2:30-6:00
- One (1) school director + afternoon lead
- Administrative and curricular support from Collective Kind’s founding team
We are looking to set up teams who can compliment each other bringing different skills into the classroom, looking for (1) leadership experience, (2) work towards or already certified, (3) Montessori experience or certification (4) Special Education training or experience, and (5) your own passions and interests!
Salaries are determined by Collective Kind’s compensation table which takes into account education background and years of experience in a preschool classroom and in school leadership positions.
Email resume and cover letter speaking to your skills, experience, and interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Clermont Director + Afternoon Teacher Application”