There are four steps to our admissions process:
As the first step of our admissions process, we invite you to watch the video located on our homepage and then sign up to view an online information session to learn more. We also invite you to review our program handbook to gather additional information. Information sessions are prerecorded and are approximately half an hour long. Please complete the form below to continue.
If you have further questions about our programs once you have viewed the videos, we would be happy to answer your questions during the times listed below. Reservations are required. Please RSVP to email@example.com AFTER you have viewed the information session and a Zoom link will be sent to you the day before the session. We look forward to meeting you!
- Wed. 1/25/23 at 4pm
- Wed. 2/8/23 at 7pm
- Wed. 3/8/23 at 4pm
- Wed. 4/19/23 at 7pm
- Wed. 5/10/23 at 4pm
- Wed. 5/31/23 at 7pm
The second step of our admissions process is to submit an application. Please have the following ready before submitting your online application:
- Credit card for $75 non-refundable application fee ($150 for International Applicants)
- Written responses of maximum 200 words per response. We strongly recommend that you draft your responses in a separate document and copy/paste into the online application.
- WSMS-TEP is committed to creating a space where every member of our community experiences a sense of belonging. We request that you tell us about yourself; what are qualities that make you uniquely YOU? Common social identifiers include: age, ability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, and family composition but please feel welcome to share anything that is significant to you.
- Describe your personal philosophy of education. If you are applying for the ADMIN PROGRAM, please also let us know how you became interested in an administrator position in a Montessori school.
- What do you hope to gain from this teacher preparation program and what strengths do you offer in the process of working within a cohort of learners?
- When you are accepted, how will you plan to balance these additional studies with your other life commitments (work, college, family)?
Please mail the following required materials to the Registrar’s home office during the COVID-19 pandemic:
Lisanne Pinciotti, WSMS-TEP
12 Powelson Drive, Hillsborough, NJ 08844
Soft copies/scans of all documents, including e-transcripts, may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Original college transcript from your highest earned degree or copy of high school diploma
- Scan(s) of previously earned Montessori credential(s)
- Students with an international degree are required to submit transcripts directly from that institution to World Education Service for an equivalency evaluation. We recommend the WES ICAP ‘Document by Document Report.’
- Three letters of reference (two professional, one personal). A sample form is available here.
- International applicants, please also submit scanned copies of your passport ID page, proof of finances, and any current visa and/or I-94 to email@example.com to expedite your I-20 application.
When all application documents have been submitted and received, WSMS-TEP will email an Acceptance Letter and Enrollment Agreement to the email address provided on the application. Your return of the signed agreement and fee payment are confirmation of your enrollment into the program. Applicants will be added to the cohort roster when the agreement and fee are received. Applicants who have agreed to a tuition subsidy by their school are expected to facilitate the process of paperwork and tuition invoice delivery.