The next Information Session for WSMS-TEP will be held on Tuesday, April 4th, 2018 at 3:30pm. Information Session attendance is the first step in the process of admission to the teacher education program.
Please RSVP to Gelsey Steinbrecher (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be added to the list of attendees.
Visit us at the Annual AMS Conference in Denver, CO from March 22-25, 2018 at booth G514 in the Exhibit Hall!
Key Admissions Dates
- AMS Scholarship application deadline: May 1, 2018
- Application deadline for Early Childhood Track 1: Summer entry: June 1, 2018
- Application deadline for Elementary: June 1, 2018
- Application deadline for Administrator: June 1, 2018
- Application deadline for Early Childhood Track 2: Fall entry: August 15, 2018
- Application deadline for Infant Toddler: August 15, 2018
As a part of our admissions process, we invite you to join us for an overview of our Montessori teacher education program. Sessions last approximately one hour and will be held at West Side Montessori School. We also facilitate Information Sessions for the WSMS-TEP/Concordia Masters program which is the first step in the Concordia Admissions process.
Sign up online to attend an Information Session, or make an individual appointment with Lisanne Pinciotti at email@example.com
Submit the following to Lisanne Pinciotti, WSMS Teacher Education Program, 309 West 92nd Street, New York, NY 10025–7213. Applications received after deadlines will incur a $250 late fee.
- Application form (online – please note you cannot save and exit – review the Application Guidelines prior to beginning the online application)
- Written responses to the following questions (maximum 200 words per response). Note: We strongly recommend that you draft your responses in a separate document and copy/paste into the online application.
1. What is your personal philosophy of education?
2. Why are you interested in applying for the Montessori teacher education program?
3. If you are accepted to the program, how to you plan to balance these additional studies along with your other life commitments (e.g. work, college, family)?
- $75.00 non-refundable application fee (credit card online or check with hard copy)
- Original college transcript from your most recent degree or copy of high school diploma
- Students with an international degree are required to submit transcripts directly from institution to World Education Service for an equivalency evaluation. We recommend the WES ICAP Document by Document Report. WES reports should be mailed directly to WSMS-TEP at 309 West 92nd Street, New York, NY 10025 Attn: Lisanne Pinciotti
- Three letters of reference (two professional, one personal) A sample form is available in the Resources section of this page.
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition for the Infant and Toddler Course for 2018-19 is $7,500.
- Tuition for the Early Childhood Course for 2018-19 is $8,500.
- Tuition for the Elementary I Course for 2018-19 is $8,500.
- Tuition for the Elementary I-II Course for 2018-19 is $12,900 over 12 payments.
- Tuition for those who later opt to do the Elementary II Course is $5500.
- Tuition for the Early Childhood overview for EL I-II students without an Early Childhood credential is $750.
- Tuition for the Administrator Course for 2018-19 is $7600 for Models 1 & 2, and $8400 for Model 3..
- The non-refundable Application fee is $75.
- Payment of the Enrollment fee of $1375 is your official enrollment into the program. This includes Student fees to the American Montessori Society (AMS) and the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE), all required books and materials fees.
- Tuition can be paid in one (1) or two (2) installments, and a 6-month tuition payment plan is available for an additional service charge. Please contact Lisanne Pinciotti, firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
WSMS-TEP Teacher Education Scholarships
West Side Montessori School Teacher Education Program is committed to ensuring that our educational offerings are open to all qualified candidates. Those who need assistance with tuition payments may apply for financial aid according to the instructions below. An individual’s ability to pay is not a determining factor in offering a place in our teacher education program.
WSMS-TEP financial aid (FA) awards are determined after thoughtful consideration of each application by the WSMS-TEP Financial Aid Committee. Applicants are considered based on financial need, a compelling personal statement that demonstrates commitment to Montessori philosophy, and confirmation of acceptance/enrollment in WSMS-TEP. The WSMS Board has allocated funding for TEP financial aid. In addition, designated scholarship awards specifically support one African-American TEP adult learner in the Infant-Toddler, Early Childhood and Elementary Programs each year.
TEP Financial Aid Application is now available for download (hard copy) or via the link for Online Application, both available on the Resources section of this page.
NOTE: The Financial Statement must be downloaded, completed in full, and saved as a PDF along with all supplemental financial documents. The Financial Statement may be uploaded as a part of the online application, or may be mailed to email@example.com if the applicant submits along with a hard copy application.
Applications for scholarships are due May 1, 2018. Recipients will be informed by email by June 1, 2018.
AMS Teacher Education Scholarships
Scholarships are offered through the American Montessori Society. Visit www.amshq.org; go to Teacher Resources and click on Scholarship & Award Opportunities. Any aspiring Montessori teacher who has been accepted or is in the process of acceptance by an affiliated AMS Teacher Education Program is eligible to apply for a scholarship. (Applicants currently enrolled in an AMS teacher education program are not eligible.) Applicants are considered on the basis of financial need, a compelling personal statement, three letters of reference, and official verification of acceptance into an AMS-affiliated teacher education program. The application deadline for the AMS scholarship is May 1, 2018. For more information, please contact Suzanne Bayer, Director of Teacher Education Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.